Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I want to find my happiness... or a content mind.

Permanent happiness is unattainable; as humans we have way too much going on to try to always be happy. I'm not going to ask to be happy, because that's a lot to ask. Instead, I'm asking to be content. I don't want to live my life in the typical cycle; with school, college, and a job being the most important parts. I want to travel, I want to live and feel everything to the greatest extent that I can. In hundreds of years, I, and you, will be obsolete. With no legacy left behind, we may as well live for ourselves and do what makes us happy. I want to travel and never stop learning, while giving others the freedom to do the same. I want to reach a level of complete understanding; I want to be able to forgive and love people who need to be forgiven and loved. I want to expel negative images and thoughts out of my mind. If someone is trying to find their happiness and I am not a part of it, I want to be able to accept that. I know that people need space; sometimes our lives may run together and sometimes they may run apart. I want to come to peace with loss.

12 comments:

  1. Completely agree!!!! It´s hard when the world is constantly throwing so much at you to keep a positive outlook but it can´t hurt to at least try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great blog idea because life can get hard sometimes with all the things that are happens but it's good to remember all the simple things that make you happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great blog idea because life can get hard sometimes with all the things that are happens but it's good to remember all the simple things that make you happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was so nicely put, chris, i completely agree and although you wish to be content i wish you all the happiness in the world.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're my favorite person I love you and thank you I wish the same to you.

      Delete
  5. This blog is great so far! It is very positive and relatable. I also agree with your idea that people should just live to live, they should try to experience life and leave a legacy behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I feel your blog is what I will turn to when I need a reminder about happiness. I never thought asking to be happy was a lot to ask for but at the same time I completely agree with what you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a little reminder sometimes- I'm glad I could help!

      Delete
  7. This blog is great so far! It is very positive and relatable. I also agree with your idea that people should just live to live, they should try to experience life and leave a legacy behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and harrowing piece. I really enjoyed the juxtapose between wanting to understand people, but accepting you might have to let them go. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete